Friday, August 2, 2013

There really are some good people in this world....

Lately, I've heard and frankly seen how our culture/society is heading towards a dark place. People are becoming selfish. There's this idea of having to always satisfy your emotions. For example, people have this idea that if there is ever a moment when a person at a moment is not happy in their marriage, they just go and get divorced. Immediate self gratification. Do I believe people should be happy? Of course! But I do believe that our emotions are constantly changing...our mood, hormones, even the weather can affect our emotions. I believe sometimes to truly be happy it takes an act of the will. Sometimes you have to just will it and work at it. I find that on the other side of willing it and putting work is a place of true happiness and peace. Anyways, I'm going off on a tangent. My point is people are moving away from true happiness...a lot of people are looking out for nĂºmero uno. I've noticed you can't even trust doctors. People try to make a quick buck out of you. Even companies that make our food add hormones and toxins to the food to make the food last longer and cheaper to make. It so easy to see the negative in our world and miss the fact that there really are some genuinely good people as well. The more we appreciate and see those moments of God's love showing through others, the more it makes us feel like continuing to spread that love. Our actions can influence others and spread goodness. Where is this coming from? Well, I feel like ever since I began to change, I've been noticing these acts of kindness more and more where before I would have let those moments pass me by without a second thought. When I was in Omaha for my second surgery, David and I were invited into strangers' homes that have been through the same things and were shown so much love. From strangers that aren't strangers anymore. They visited me in the hospital and made me homemade soups. They offered so much support. I felt God was physically there for me throughout the entire trip through these people. These people had no reason to be so kind...the had no connections with me at all...that's God's grace. After receiving so much love I feel more like sharing that same love for others. It's a beautiful thing. How wasteful if I would have not seen the miraculous love and support I received and disregarded it. Even back home, I am so blessed to have people in my life that truly care...people that I can be myself around and not be judged...people that respect others and that do things for me without expecting anything in return...they do it genuinely out of love. I spent the day with one those people yesterday! 
Every cycle on a certain day I have to get blood work done to send to Omaha to make sure the my hormones are balanced. Today I went back to do the blood work at the same place I had my blood series (blood draws every other day for a month) done. During that time I was so grateful that they allowed me to draw blood without processing it. I ended up getting to know the lab workers and joked around with them. They should be kindness and I felt compelled to return the kindness by making them homemade cookies for the staff for Christmas and they loved it. Well I went back today and after all those months they remembered me and were so kind and supportive (apparently I'm suppose to name my future baby after one of them lol) and just genuinely happy to see me. To me, that's good people. 
None of those people I mentioned in the above stories HAD to do any of that. It's nice to witness such kindness and to see that there really are some good people in this world. There are people that think outside of themselves. The point of this blog is 1. I just felt so inspired and feel like sharing some stories of kindness 2. To encourage you to spread that love to others. Your simple actions or even your very presence of genuine goodness CAN make a difference. Don't wait to feel in a good mood. Will it. Decide to be happy and spread God's love :)

No comments:

Post a Comment