Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Acting as if

My husband and I have read a lot of fertility articles and have gotten some advice about getting more in the right mind frame for conceiving. Over the last year we've been getting the message to "act as if". Act as if it is going to happen...get the house ready...make our lives ready to one day have a baby. To me, nothing beats the power of prayer and having complete confidence in God's will for my life. We've started implementing this principle mainly to give us a more positive outlook on the situation. We've had complete trust in God but sometimes we do have negative thoughts that maybe it's not God's will for us and that makes us sad and depressed. We are determined to follow His will and have faith that He knows better than us but I want my thoughts to be positive and not stressed to give us the best chance possible now. Basically we have the next year or so to try after having gone through all the surgeries and medications with Pope Paul VI Institute. We are starting fresh and I don't want the last 6 years of trying with no success to give us a negative mind set. We are starting fresh. So there comes a point that we need to decide to let go of the past and give these next one to two years our best shot. We are going to think as if it will happen...so in the mean time we will be getting ready. We cleared a shelf in the closet of the potential baby room and put some stuff I had bought 6 years ago when I thought we would get pregnant faster. We have always wanted to change our glass coffee table to an ottoman that would be safer for kids so we saved up and bought it. We have a family style car and a nice house with plenty of space to fill with our children. I have my amazon wish list filled with books on parenting. I have reduced my work schedule over the years because I want to be able to be a stay at home mom when I have my baby. I'm opening my life to the possibility. It's been exciting preparing like this. I get the point of acting as if. I think ideally it would be great to think it's going to happen for the a while and worry about if it doesn't happen later on. I have to admit though sometimes it's hard to have an empty house, a big car with no kids to fill it, etc. It's a challenge but whenever I think negatively I try to pray and find peace through prayer...then after that I try to put my thoughts back to the positive light. So for now I'm going to keep acting as if and wait to worry about if it doesn't happen later. I'm going to be grateful for all the blessings I have right now in my life. Enjoy it for what it is at the moment. As long as I'm alive, God has a purpose for me for that day and that's all that matters. Today is a day that The Lord has made so I will rejoice and be glad :) We can always make changes to our lives at a later point. Keep us your prayers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment