Wednesday, August 14, 2013

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it



I came across this picture during my second surgery in Omaha. It's so true and something I needed to remind myself of today. During the last six years of infertility all I have done is prayed for God to guide me and if it is in His will for me to have children to lead to me to whatever I need to do to get there. It's been a long journey that is still not over. I sometimes get through harder days by repeating over and over "I trust you, God, be with me and give me the grace to get through this and if possible with a smile on my face". I truly feel that God has been guiding my path to having children and I don't know if you believe in signs but I feel Him talking to me and giving me signs of His presence everywhere. I believe that I would not have found Dr. Hilgers in Omaha if it wasn't for God. I felt His presence and love all around me while I was there for the big second surgery. I met amazing people that showed me so much love and my friends back home were showing much love and support and offering their prayers...I even woke up from surgery with a rosary taped to my hand...so my Blessed Mother was with me during the surgery. Therefore, since I know God brought me to all this...I know that He will bring me through it. Some days I feel overwhelmed by the amount of medications and vitamins I have to take. Sometimes I look at the five scars from the surgery and it reminds me of that scary time. Yesterday, I became extremely sick to my stomach with horrible pain from the antibiotics the doctor prescribed me for every cycle. I was literally up most of the night. That medication does make me sick regularly but last night was to another extreme. It makes me question internally what I'm doing and why it's hard. I question when will it end. And then somehow God reminds me. This morning I came across the above picture looking through my iPad photos and it spoke to me. God brought me to it and He will see me through it. He knows better than I know (at this point I called the doctor and told me to stop taking the antibiotics this month to give my stomach a break and try again next cycle...so here's hoping its better by then). Now, I try to live my days without complaining and instead praying but for the purpose of this blog I decided to speak about it. I try to be pleasant to be around and handle my struggles with grace...you only get one life and I don't want to live it being a drag. I want to enjoy myself and allow the virtues of faith, hope, and love to give me the grace to get through all the harder times. I truly believe that God gives us the tools to see us through it by offering those virtues to us and as I said before I'm grateful for the infertility and how it's changed me. But life is hard sometimes and for me just remembering that God will see me through it is comforting and if I look back I can see so many times He has heard my cry and somehow brought me back to a good place as He did yesterday. I had another experience with Him during adorarion on Sunday. The day before I was frustrated that I started another cycle. I had really thought it was going to happen this month and was even a few days late! So anyways,  I was trying to get to the church to practice and my friend that brought me to church said "oh just take a few minutes to say hey to Jesus" and really? Who can pass that up? Hehe...so I went and for the first time I felt Him talking to me. I was praying very negatively...typical " why? I don't understand...blah blah blah". Out of nowhere I felt like He stopped me and my thoughts shifted to "trying to make sense of it isn't important...what's important is that He will never abandon me". On top of that the readings and homily during Mass after that were about that same idea! Totally changed my perspective. Goes back to "If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it". I can really see it now...I can see how He gets me through it and reveals Himself to me in so many ways. 

2 comments:

  1. Ok... so, I decided to tag you!! :) You don't have to do this... no pressure. But, it's fun! :)

    http://jumpinginpuddlesisfun.blogspot.com/2013/08/serious-randomness-and-tag.html

    ReplyDelete