Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Alone time

So right now I'm in a beautiful resort in Orlando for my husband's work conference. No work, no worries, just lounging by the pool reading and evidently writing a blog. Just experiencing some good quality alone time while my husband is at the conference.

Here's my view:



Before I would have dreaded the alone time despite the fact that I'd be in a beautiful place with no where to be and not a worry in the world. Today I'm so incredibly grateful. I'm grateful to be in this amazing resort. I'm grateful that even though my hubby has a conference most of the day, I get to spend much more time with him out here than if we were both working at home. I'm just so grateful for every moment. I've been able to sit and reflect on my life from an outward perspective. I can be somewhere else and actually have time think and reenergize for the coming school year. Sometimes it's not a bad idea to step outside of your life in order to see where it can improved and if you are going in the right direction. I'm grateful for the alone time. 

On a different note, I was also able to go on a bike ride with my hubby earlier. This resort has so many activities included in the price you pay for the hotel. So we thought we'd give the bikes a try thinking it was just going to be a jogging path around the resort. It actually ended up being a 5 mile ride into some preserves and was just so beautiful. It reminds me of how happy I feel in nature. I love it. That is the one thing about living in southeast Florida is that it's basically a swamp. There's no natural fields or forests or hills. So nice to be able to experience that today. What a lovely surprise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment