Tuesday, August 13, 2013

21 Day Challenge

So yesterday I started my own 21 day challenge for eating right, exercising, and getting good habits in place spiritually...focusing on simplicity and peace. Why 21 days? Well I was listening to a fertility seminar and part of that seminar included a doctor that spoke about nutrition. The diet she suggested for fertility was very similar to the anti inflammation diet Dr. Hilgers told me would be best. She said that it takes 21 days to break old habits and stick with new ones. She said to get through 21 days straight of eating clean and after that it gets easier.  I'm planning on incorporating my cousin's "no thank you" method. When she was visiting me, anytime someone offered her something off her diet she would simply say "no thank you". I feel like I not only have to apply that to myself when others give me something off the diet but also with myself. When I'm tempted to go off or all of a sudden have a craving for junk, I need to tell MYSELF "no thank you...I don't want junk in my body." It's amazing to me how addicted I become to junk food. At this point I know how important it is to feed my body good clean foods..,hormone free, not processed. It's not only good for fertility but for making your body strong and able to heal itself from sickness better. So anyways, I haven't done 21 days straight yet. I've been on the diet throughout the summer on and off (mostly because of vacations) and its time for me to get healthy and get my body ready to hopefully one day nurture in a baby in my womb. I truly feel like this is going to be a crucial part of our increasing our fertility. As an added bonus putting my energy on preparing for a baby and gettin healthy takes my focus away from the fact that it hasn't happened yet. I truly feel like my purpose is to be a stay at home mom and an excellent wife to my hubby so instead of focusing on being depressed that my purpose has not been fulfilled, I'm going to focus on getting my body ready...spiritually and physically. My husband is already on board so it's time for me to stop finding excuses and start my life style change. 

So here's what I'm doing for 21 days: 

Prayer: continuing to make God my best friend and consult with Him on my choices. Living peacefully and simply knowing my best friend is also my Father in heaven and is taking care of me.

Wife: continue to be a good wife...work on not trying to take over acting like the husband and controlling everything. Be kind, gentle, humble and love my husband more than myself. 

Diet: cut out processed foods, no cow milk (unless in form of cheese), no gluten, no drinking from plastic bottles or using plastic Tupperware. No carbs at night...use only raw pure sugar at a minimum (only once a day have a piece of dark chocolate 71% cocoa). Most of the diet should be raw veggies and fruits (I don't eat fruits but I can handle the veggies).

Exercise: 30 mins of cardio and 30 mins to 1 hr of yoga or weights 

Moxa stick: I have also gone and done acupuncture for fertility and was told to heat the stick with herbs over my belly everyday and I have yet to get into that habit so I'm going to try to do that as well

Wish me luck! 

2 comments: