Monday, October 7, 2013

Not a sprint but a marathon

So I've started to change my diet towards the anti inflammation diet. I've been able to do the gluten free part, take out processed foods with any unnatural ingredient, I've cut my diary down to only pure organic and hormone free cheese blocks, I've tried to avoid trans fat, and changed cooking oil from olive oil to coconut oil. While I do need to improve still on some of those changes, I feel like I'm getting the hang of it. Now the number 1 thing the books say to cut is sugar and refined starch. That has been challenging. The way I'm choosing to look at this is that changing my diet as a lifestyle change is not a sprint but marathon.  I work really well when I set rules or goals for myself so here are my rules for this week:

Rule 1:
So this week my goal is to limit my daily sugar intake to one food item with sugar a day. My daily usuals are dark chocolate almond milk, having a piece of dark chocolate, frozen yogurt, or a gluten free cookie. So ths week I can't have them allin one day...one serving of one sugar containing item a day.  Eventually I want to limit it to once or twice a week. 

Rule 2:
I need to lower my carb intake for weight loss purposes. Ever since starting the life style change I've eaten carbs like gluten free pasta or rice. The last two weeks I've cut my carbs to only lunch and no carbs at night. It worked out ok but this week I'd like to limit my calorie/carb spike to one meal a week (not a weekend marathon lol). 

Rule 3:
Exercise daily! Even if it's something small...do something everyday.

So let's see how this works out this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment