Thursday, October 31, 2013

Nature

I've come to realize that I do very well in nature. I feel so close to God when I'm immersed in His magnificent creation. I feel so peaceful, relaxed as if time stops for that time. Where I live, I only have the Everglades (which is swamp land) and we have the beach. I live pretty west so it takes me about 40 mins to get to the beach. It's always been such a production to go. Recently I had been having some sleep issues and I was told to go to the beach and get in the water. I was desperate so I was willing to try anything. I had never been to the beach by myself so I had mixed feelings about it. I ended up going one day after the gym and it was just so good for me. I absolutely loved it and I slept that night and every night since. So now I try to come every so often before work when I'm feeling anxious, frustrated, or overwhelmed. I come and I pray and just listen to and watch the waves, take a short walk...take a break from the craziness of my life. Take a break from thinking about everything that stresses me, the medications, the appointments, the disappointment every cycle, my business, paying bills, etc. Whether it is the ocean, a meadow, in the mountains, or in a nice green park with big beautiful trees...I find the best medicine is to just be in nature. 





So today I had my nice quiet time at the beach but I also had some adventure!! I wish I could have taken pictures but my friend came by an hour after I got to the beach and brought her surfboard and we went surfing!! I really wasn't planning on getting in the water today but I figured "you only live once!". The last time I surfed with 8 years ago! I had a blast! I love a little impromptu adventure. I was able to concentrate solely on getting on that wave and standing up on that board. Again, I forgot about everything else going on in my life for a moment and just enjoyed the opportunity God provided me with :)




No comments:

Post a Comment